This was another year full of travelling! Here’s how it went:
- Our first trip was not until March, when we went to Berlin with friends. It was my third time there, but I still want to go back!
- We then embarked on our Eastern European adventure: we started off in Croatia, went to Montenegro for a day trip, took the bus to Mostar and Sarajevo in Bosnia and ended up bar-hopping in Serbia.
- In May I hopped on the train at King’s Cross and went to visit my friend in Edinburgh.
- Then we crossed the Atlantic and spent two weeks in Brazil: we flew into Manaus, swam with river dolphins, stayed in a jungle hotel and finished it off watching the World Cup live!
- We saw the athletics at the Commonwealth Games: the best bit was Usain Bolt being right in front of us!
- I finally went to Amsterdam and enjoyed all the highlights of the Rijksmuseum.
- We had an amazing time in Prague: beautiful, relaxing and scenic.
- I chased rainbows with my friends around Geneva.
- We drank Belgian beers and took a boat trip in Bruges.
- In September we had an amazing adventure through Jordan: we drove through the King’s Highway, explored Petra, slept in the desert, floated in the Dead Sea, and saw mosaics in Madaba. This is definitely one to remember!
- I went back to Marrakech and got lost in the souks again. It’s amazing every single time.
- In November I went to Bangladesh for work – I never thought I’d go there!
Twelve trips and thirteen countries – not bad!